The CIVITAS Forum is open to all cities that want to learn more about the usefulness of individual measures that support clean urban transport, and the best ways to combine and integrate them on a large scale. Participating cities have to prove their political and technical commitments to introduce ambitious, integrated urban transport strategies.
Specifically, this means that the city plans to:
- Achieve a significant change in the modal split, in favour of sustainable transportation modes;
- Follow an integrated approach, by addressing as many of the categories of CIVITAS instruments and measures as possible in its policy.
Each city must commit itself to the introduction of an ambitious, sustainable urban transport policy. This commitment must be politically endorsed on the CIVITAS Forum Declaration by the signature of a local politician who has executive power (Councilor or (Vice) Mayor).
Active participation in the CIVITAS Forum further requires that:
- A representative of your city attends CIVITAS Forum meetings;
- You have a constructive and proactive approach to the distribution of information about the CIVITAS Initiative, at local and national levels;
- You provide a paper that gives background information pertaining to your city and its transport policy. This paper should mention the categories of CIVITAS instruments and measures, and specify how they are being implemented and integrated in your city.
To join the Forum Network, download the joint document including the CIVITAS Declaration and the Administrative Annex: en bg cz de dk es fi fr hr hu it lt mk nl pl pt ro se sk slo srb
Please email the signed CIVITAS Forum Declaration and the signed Administrative Annex, which are available for download from the rigt column, to:
Mr Vincent LEINER
CIVITAS Initiative, European Commission
Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport
Unit B.4 - Clean Transport, Urban Transport, and Intelligent Transport Systems
Office DM24 7/127
B-1049 Brussels, Belgium
Please, copy the CIVITAS Secretariat in the message: