Influencing travel behaviour through mobility management, including communications, partnerships, and education.
Mobility management is a concept to promote sustainable transport and reduce single occupancy car use by changing travellers' attitudes and behaviour. At the core of mobility management are "soft" measures such as information, communication, organisation of services and coordination activities of different partners. Such measures most often enhance the effectiveness of "hard" measures within urban transport (e.g. new tram lines, new roads and new bike lanes). In comparison to "hard" measures, mobility management measures do not necessarily require large financial investments and may have a high benefit-cost ratio.
The group exchanges through email groups on topics of relevance to mobility management: from discussing the input to events to questions about measures implemented in CIVITAS cities. This group is open to CIVITAS Forum members who are working on mobility management in their cities to exchange with their peers in the successful implementation, evaluation and dissemination of their measures.
For more information on mobility management, contact Alessio Sitran, and to join the group, click on the banner on the right-hand side on this page. Take a look at the cities, which are already members of this thematic group, and view resources relevant to members below.
- Cluster Report Mobility Management (en)
- Policy Advice Note Mobility Management (en, bg, de, es, fr, it, pl, ro)
- CIVITAS measures on Innovative Soft Measures (en)
- Policy Advice Note Promotion and Education (en, bg, de, es, fr, it, pl, ro)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: The mobility centre in Graz (en, de)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: Soft Mobility in Graz - a success story (en)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: Company travel plans in Nantes (en, pl)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: School travel plan in Kaunas (en)
For more information on mobility management, contact Alessio Sitran.
Find here a full list of measures related to mobility management.