Telematics systems for improving traffic conditions through better traffic management & traveller information.
Transport telematics systems can help to coordinate traffic flow for all users, benefitting public transport with faster travel times and cyclists and walkers by making roads safer. Such systems allow better collection, coordination and use of traffic data to manage traffic, and tools to evaluate, visualise and warehouse this information can help solve bottlenecks and unsafe situations. Telematics systems can also support traffic operations through prioritisation to sustainable modes (particularly public transport), and also support parking information and management.
The group exchanges through email groups on specific topics of relevance to transport telematics: from discussing the input to events to questions about measures implemented in CIVITAS cities. This group is open to representatives from CIVITAS Forum cities who are working on implementing transport telematics measures in their cities. Members exchange with their peers in the successful implementation, evaluation and dissemination of their measures.
For more information on urban freight contact Eline Jonkers, and to join the group, click on the banner on the right-hand side on this page. Take a look at the cities, which are already members of this thematic group, and view resources relevant to members below.
- CIVITAS measures on Transport Management (en)
- Cluster Report Traffic Management and Control (en)
- Policy Advice Note Public Transport Information (en, bg, de, es, fr, it, pl, ro)
- Policy Advice Note Ticketing (en, bg, de, es, fr, it, pl, ro)
- Policy Advice Note Traffic Visualisation Control (en, bg, de, es, fr, it, pl, ro)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: Bus Priority Systems (en, pl)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: E-ticketing (en)
- CITY-2-CITY EXCHANGE: Flexible Transport Systems in Genoa (en)
For more information on urban freight contact Eline Jonkers.
Find here a full list of measures related to transport telematics.