The CIVITAS Awards are an opportunity to highlight the most ambitious, innovative and successful efforts in the field of sustainable urban mobility. Winners are showcased as examples of excellence before the press with the hope that they can guide and stimulate cities throughout Europe in the pursuit of sustainable mobility.
Every year, applications of the CIVITAS Forum member cities are being invited in the following four categories:
- Technical Innovation;
- Public Participation;
- The CIVITAS City of the Year;
- The CIVITAS Transformations - new category of the 2016 edition!
Award-winning activities are showcased as examples of excellence and promoted to the press, inspiring other cities for the further development of sustainable mobility initiatives in Europe.
In addition, the winning cities of each category benefit from the following:
- Formal acknowledgement letter signed by the European Commission, recognising the city’s commitment to the objective of a cleaner and more sustainable public transport in Europe;
- Visibility on the CIVITAS website and promotional material;
- Pan-European media coverage;
- Invitation to conferences and workshops organised by DG MOVE on sustainable mobility
Rules and procedures
Read more about the AWARDS 2016
Read more about the AWARDS 2015
Read more about the AWARDS 2014
Read more about the AWARDS 2013
For inquiries please contact CIVITAS Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.